Everything You Need to Become a Texas Notary, All in One Place
Welcome to the American Association of Notaries. Since 1994, we've helped hundred of thousands of people
in Texas and across the country become notaries. With our guidance and expertise, you will become
a skilled Texas notary capable of providing accurate and efficient notarial services.
That is our mission.
The American Association of Notaries is the only source you need to become a Texas notary. We can assist you with:
What Our Customers Say
I was so impressed by my notary stamp when I received it from your company today by UPS! Thanks for the incredible experience of my buying from you...
You've got a great company. What I saw on the website was exactly what I got. The quality of the merchandise surpassed what I expected. Plus, you gave me a free downloadable booklet AND free membership for a year. So, I commend you guys and thank you for a terrific experience.
Thanks so very much for the stellar service I received with my initial order! My order was received accurately and within 24 hours even though it was during holiday season. I (and especially my client) can't thank you enough and will share my experience often.
I wanted to e-mail you guys and compliment your staff on excellent service. Very fast and professional from start to finish. Made sure everything was correct and I appreciate it. I will make sure all my future notary needs are obtained from American Association of Notaries. Very pleased with my purchase. Thank You
Shaun B. Morton
It amazes me how fast you get my orders out. Most places I’ve waited a couple weeks just for the Item to be shipped.
Thank you for sending the supplies so promptly. I look forward to my membership with you
Thank you for all of your help! I received my seal, embosser, and journal this afternoon (Friday) and all look correct.
Have a signature day!
Thank you for the quick turnaround on my recent order. Your web site was easy to use, the instructions for ordering were easy to follow, the payment process was flawless, and I received my order within five days. I appreciate it all.
Just completed the course over the weekend. Thanks for offering it! It will be a nice supplement to my legal academics.
Thank you for your prompt response to my request. I have theWestern Surety documents (the rider and POA). Your service has been excellent. I shall use your company in future and will highly recommend your firm to whomever I can. Thank you again for your excellent service.
Shop Our Texas Notary Supplies
Our notary stamps conform to Texas notary law requirements and are manufactured in-house using only the highest-quality materials.Shop
All of our notary seal embossers are laser engraved and require minimal effort to produce sharp raised notary seal impressions.Shop
The AAN is one of the nation's top providers of quality notary supplies. We offer a lifetime warranty on all of our notary supplies.Shop
Our notary journals are easy to use and conform to Texas state notary laws. Every notary supplies order includes a free e-notary guide.Shop
Informational Notary Articles
My Employer Wants Me to Become a Texas Notary
Becoming a Texas notary public is a noteworthy undertaking; there are many reasons why a person may apply to become a Texas notary. Some become a Texas notary to broaden their professional credentials and skills for employment. Others become a Texas notary at the request of an employer or as a service to their business clients. Law firms, shipping centers, banks, and post offices are a few of the many types of businesses that have notaries on staff.Read Article
What Are the Steps to Become a Texas Notary?
Becoming a notary in Texas is a straightforward process. The simplest way to become a Texas notary is to choose an organization that can handle submitting your notary application to the state, issue a notary bond in the amount of $10,000 as required by the state, and manufacture your notary supplies once you are approved as a Texas notary. The organization should also be able to help in maintaining your Texas notary commission if you ever needed to update your name (due to a marriage or divorce) or address, or to help you answer questions related to notary laws during your four-year notary term.Read Article
How to Become a Texas Notary:
Compared to other states, Texas has few eligibility requirements to become a notary. The process is simple and affordable (only $89.95) for a four-year Texas notary term. To become a notary in Texas, you must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- A legal resident of the State of Texas
- Have no felony convictions or a crime involving moral turpitude.
If you meet these qualification requirements, follow the steps below to become a Texas notary.
- Complete a Texas notary application on our website (or print and mail it to us) and pay the $21.00 state application fee. Our application wizard will guide you step-by-step through the process. You also have the option to e-sign the application (eliminating the need to print and mail your notary application). For faster approval, we file all Texas notary applications electronically with the Texas Secretary of State.
- Purchase a four-year $10,000 notary bond (required by Texas law). This bond protects the public from errors made by the notary. You can purchase the bond while completing the online application process. The cost of the bond is only $50.00 for a four-year term.
- Purchase a notary stamp and a notary journal to authenticate and record notarized documents (required by Texas notary law). All our Texas notary stamps and seals are made in house and come with a life-time warranty. No questions asked! We will ship your notary supplies once we receive confirmation from the state that you are approved as a Texas notary.
- Take the oath of office before a notary. Once your application is approved, the Texas Secretary of State will supply you with the oath of office form. Take the oath of office before another notary and keep the form in your records. The whole application process takes around seven to ten working days if the information is completed correctly.
Texas notary bonds and errors and omissions insurance policies provided by this insurance agency, the American Association of Notaries, Inc., are underwritten by Western Surety Company (established 1900). American Association of Notaries is owned by Kal Tabbara, a licensed insurance agent in Texas.