Your One-Stop Shop to Become a Texas Notary
The American Association of Notaries offers a simple step-by-step guide to become a Texas notary. With our help, becoming a Texas notary is easy and hassle-free.
To become a notary public in Texas, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a legal resident of the State of Texas
- Have no criminal convictions or felonies
- Provide a 4-year $10,000 notary bond
- Complete an application approved by the state
- Pay $21.00 state application fee
- Purchase a notary stamp and a record book once you receive your notary commission from the state
- Take the oath of office, mailed or emailed to you once you are approved as a notary by the state
Complete Texas Notary Package
Everything you need to become a Texas Notary
Including a One-year Membership in AAN
Limited time offer - over 40% in savings on supplies
|Texas four-year, $10,000 notary bond||$50.00**|
|State filing fee||$21.00**|
COSCO self-inking rectangular notary stamp
(Item #210) Available in 11 case colors.
|- or -|
TRODAT P4 self-inking rectangular notary stamp
(Item #201) Available in 13 case colors.
|Notary record book (Item #701)||$ 9.95**|
Notary public manual
Emailed in a PDF format
|Notary fee schedule||Included|
|One-year membership to AAN||$19.00|
* This package may be purchased separately at the same net savings without the state mandatory four-year, $10,000 notary bond for $39.95 plus $6.95 for shipping. Enter item # P101 on the order form. The Texas four-year, $10,000 notary bond may also be purchased separately for $50.00. Discounts and savings apply only to supplies and not to notary bonds or errors and omissions insurance policies.
** Required by Texas notary law.
New! Paperless Online Application to Become a Texas Notary
Our paperless notary application wizard will guide you step-by-step to complete and e-sign your Texas notary application online with a click of your computer mouse. This efficient paperless process will eliminate the need to print, scan, and then mail, fax or email your Texas notary application. It's your choice to apply online or offline. Either way, we make it fast and easy for you to become a Texas notary public.
Don't want to apply online?
Applying online is safe, easy, and fast, but if you'd prefer to apply offline, just follow these three simple steps to start the application process.
We will get you approved as a Texas notary in five to ten working days.
- Click here to print the Texas notary application forms.
- Select the complete Texas notary package listed on the order form for $89.95*. Choose your stamp ink and case color. All our products are manufactured in-house, comply with Texas notary laws, and come with a lifetime replacement guarantee.
- Mail us your completed Texas notary application, order form, and payment. We will review your application for accuracy, issue the bond, and file it with the Secretary of State. We will ship your supplies to you once you are approved as a notary public.
Texas notary bonds and errors and omissions insurance policies provided by this insurance agency, the American Association of Notaries, Inc., are underwritten by Western Surety Company (established 1900). American Association of Notaries is owned by Kal Tabbara, a licensed insurance agent in Texas.